Thursday, November 17, 2011

Sweet Surprises

A month or so ago I resumed to write my story about Brian and Carly. I take some time at lunch at type a few lines. Sometimes I am able to write a few words before bed. However, today I was surprised at the turn of events in this book. I was so surprised I made my class suffer through me telling them about the surprise.
As you know from posts a year and a half ago that Brian asked Carly to marry him. Though 18 months have passed Brian and Carly's relationship is still very new. Brian has already met Carly's family and they have traveled to Brian's hometown so Carly can meet Brian's family.
Carly woke Brian up for a morning run. This is something they do often. While running, Carly was unusually quiet. Carly then discusses that something doesn't feel right. Brian is thinking that Carly is having second thoughts about getting married. As I am putting this on paper my heart is pounding anticipating why Carly is feeling this way. I was so nervous. I had to know why Carly was feeling they way she was. As I typed the last line before my students came in I finally learned the reason for Carly's hesitation.
Now, if I'm the author of the story shouldn't I know the what's and why's? The surprise came in the fact that I was anxious to know because I didn't know; like I had to keep reading. In this case keep writing. It was a pretty cool feeling. I hope to have it again and more than once.
Thanks for letting me share,

OLD Man

1 comment:

Becca said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!! I love this feeling, also I love that you are finishing up this story!!! :) Keep writing. So awesome how the book takes over, and you just go with it. Those days are the best writing days. :) YAY!!!